APC Project Management Course
UK and MENA candidates
Our APC Project Management revision course consists of the modules and units listed below. It will provide you with approximately 25 hours of formal CPD. You may record reading the additional revision materials as informal CPD.
You can subscribe to the course as a whole or purchase modules separately (Click on the module title for a link). You will be granted a 6 month license, renewable free of charge upon request.
Please contact us if you cannot see your selected optional competencies. It is likely to be listed under a different pathway and we can naturally grant you access upon request.
We have included a large number of optional competencies in the course and some units are available as a UK or MENA version. You only need to complete those relevant to you.
A CPD certificate will be generated upon completion of each module.
Disclaimer: Please note that if you are working in a highly specialised field, you will need need to carry out private studying to supplement our training course.
Module 1 – Procurement and Tendering (2 hours)
- Unit 1: Procurement Strategies
- Unit 2: Tendering and Tender Analysis
- Unit 1: Subcontract / Contract Selection
- Unit 2: Payment Provisions in JCT and NEC Contracts
- Unit 3: Time related Provisions in JCT and NEC Contracts
- Unit 4: Securities and Termination in JCT and NEC Contracts (Including Insurance + Corporate Recovery and Insolvency to level 2)
- Unit 5: Payment Provisions in FIDIC Contracts
- Unit 6: Time related Provisions in FIDIC Contracts
- Unit 7: Securities and Termination in FIDIC Contracts (Including Insurance + Corporate Recovery and Insolvency to level 2)
Module 3 – Construction Technology (3 to 4 hours)
- Unit 1: Civil Engineering Works / Substructure
- Unit 2: Superstructure
- Unit 3: Mechanical and Electrical Works
- Unit 4: Infrastructure (Highways & drainage)
Module 4 – Programming and Planning (1 hour)
Includes both ‘Leadership’ and ‘Managing People’ for pre-August 2018 candidates.
Module 6 – Managing Projects (1 hour 45 minutes)
Includes both ‘Project Process and Procedures’ and ‘Project Audits’ for pre-August 2018 candidates.
Module 7 – Development / Project Briefs (50 minutes)
Includes Optional Competency: Stakeholders Management to level 2.
Module 8 – Project Finance (1 hour)
Legal Regulatory Compliance (1 hour)
Works Progress and Quality Management (1 hour 10 minutes)
Risk Management (40 minutes)
Stakeholder Management (Included in Module 7: Development / Project Briefs)
Development Appraisals (50 minutes) – Coming soon
Maintenance Management (1 hour) – Coming soon
Module A – RICS Regulations (2.5 hours)
- Unit 1: Ethics, Rules of Conduct and Professional Practice – Part 1 (1 hour)
- Unit 2: Ethics, Rules of Conduct and Professional Practice – Part 2 (1 hour)
- Unit 3: Client Care (30 minutes)
Module B – Business Skills (1 hour)
- Unit 1: Business Planning
- Unit 2: Accounting Principles and Procedures – UK
- Unit 3: Accounting Principles and Procedures – MENA
Module C – Health and Safety ( 1 hour 45 minutes)
- Unit 1: Health and Safety (to level 3) – UK
- Unit 2: Health and Safety (to level 3) – MENA
- Unit 1 – Conflict Avoidance, Management and Dispute Resolution Procedures (to level 2) – UK
- Unit 2 – Conflict Avoidance, Management and Dispute Resolution Procedures (to level 2) – MENA
Unit E – Sustainability (to level 2) (1 hour)
- Unit 1: Sustainability (to level 2) – UK
- Unit 2: Sustainability (to level 2) – MENA
Unit F – Data Management (40 minutes)
Module G – Inclusive Environments (to level 2) (40 minutes)
Module H – APC Soft Skills (1 hour)
- Unit 1: Communication and Negotiation
- Unit 2: Diversity, Inclusion and Teamworking