Sonia Desloges – Director
APC Support Limited was founded in 2015 and is managed by Sonia Desloges.
Sonia initially graduated with a BSc Business Management (First Class) at a prestigious French Business School and spent her sandwich year as the editor of a weekly news magazine at Radio France. After graduation, she started a career as a business analyst consultant for a number of construction suppliers which led her to discover the world of surveying.
After completing her BSc Quantity Surveying (First Class) at the University of Salford, Sonia gained over 15 year experience principally in quantity surveying and development management, but she has also spent some time working in project management and infrastructure, given her a solid understanding of the APC requirements for all construction pathways. She started benevolently as an APC mentor in 2013 and demand for her services soared so quickly that APC mentoring became her full time activity in 2015.
Sonia is closely involved with the RICS:
- APC Assessor / Chair (UK & MENA Region – all Construction Pathways)
- Former chair of the QS & Construction Professional Group (Manchester)
- RICS APC mentor
- Regular guest lecturer in universities and at RICS events
- Regularly contributes to RICS workshops to debate the future of the APC process
As a recognition of her continuous work, Sonia was a finalist at the Women in Construction Awards 2016 in the Mentor category.
Sonia is supported by a small team of hand-picked consultants who are all:
- Experienced APC chairs in their respective pathways
- Members of a RICS board or committee
- And experienced educators.
After an initial phone consultation, you will be allocated an APC mentor who actively assess in your pathway. Several of our consultants are also fellows of the CICES and CIOB and are fully experienced in mentoring CICES and CIOB candidates.