SPA Module – Professional Competencies
This APC revision module comprises of three units and equates to 3 hours of formal CPD.
- Unit 1: Leadership
- Unit 2: Managing People
- Unit 3: Managing Resources
This module will provide you with all the level 1 knowledge in the three professional competencies required for the Senior Professional Assessment (SPA) route. In addition, your APC trainer will explain you how to demonstrate level 2 in your first case study and throughout your interview.
Examples of common APC questions are provided throughout the training videos. You will also be given access to associated study notes and revision materials.
As always, you are welcome to contact us by email if you have any questions after completing the unit.
SPA Module – Professional Competencies includes;
Unit 1: Leadership
- Leadership vs. Management
- Styles of leadership
- Motivation theories
- Effective communication strategies
- Creation of high performing teams.
Unit 2: Managing People
- Awareness of human resource management legislation and techniques
- Awareness of different motivation theories (Same as leadership)
- Awareness of effective organisational design and communication strategies (Same as leadership)
- Awareness of the climate and culture necessary for the creation of high performing teams. (Same as leadership)
Unit 3: Managing Resources
- Types of resources
- Setting up and monitoring budgets
- Optimising resources
- Examples of level 2 activities for the APC