APC training – Module 7: Quantification and Costing
This APC revision module comprises of a single unit and equates to 1 hour of formal CPD.
This competency is concerned with two elements;
- Taking off quantities (pre- and post-contract)
- Agreeing the value (but not the entitlement) of interim valuations, loss and expenses and changes / variations during the construction period only.
Do not confuse with Contract Practice which is concerned with contractual entitlement and Design Economics which is concerned with costs during the pre-contract stages.
This module will provide you with all the level 1 knowledge in Quantification and Costing. In addition, your APC trainer will explain you how to demonstrate level 2 and 3 in this competency.
Advice to complete your summary of experience and examples of common APC questions are provided throughout the training videos. You will also be given access to associated study notes and revision materials.
As always, you are welcome to contact us by email if you have any questions after completing the unit.
APC training – Module 7: Quantification and Costing includes;
- Quantification and Measurement Standards
- SMM7, NRM, CESMM4, POMI
- Area measurement
- Valuing works
- Valuing change / variations
- Ascertaining loss and expenses
- Interim valuations
- Preparing the Final Account (Also see Contract Practice Unit 2 or 5)