APC Mandatory Competencies – Module A: RICS Regulations
This APC revision module comprises of three units and equates to 2.5 hours of formal CPD.
- Unit 1: Ethics, Rules of Conduct and Professional Practice – Part 1 (1 hour)
- Unit 2: Ethics, Rules of Conduct and Professional Practice – Part 2 (1 hour)
- Unit 3: Client Care (30 minutes)
The last 10 minutes of your APC interview will be dedicated to these two competencies. A poor performance in these competencies will automatically lead to a referral, no matter how well you performed in other sections of the interview.
This is the most important module in our revision programme and you will need to know the whole content inside out in order to pass your APC. We would recommend you to subscribe to the associated online quiz as it would help you to memorize such a large volume of information.
This module will provide you with all the level 1 knowledge in Ethics, Rules of Conduct and Professional Practice, and Client Care. In addition, your APC trainer will explain you how to demonstrate level 2 and 3 in these competencies.
Advice to complete your summary of experience and examples of common APC questions are provided throughout the training videos. You will also be given access to associated study notes and revision materials.
As always, you are welcome to contact us by email if you have any questions after completing the unit.
APC Mandatory Competencies – Module A: RICS Regulations includes;
Unit 1: Ethics, Rules of Conduct and Professional Practice – Part 1 (1 hour)
- 5 Professional and Ethical Standards
- International Ethics Standards
- 2021 changes to the RICS rules and standards
- Rules of Conduct for Members
- CPD Requirements
- Rules of Conduct for Firms
- PI Insurance
- Complaints Handling Procedures
- Holding Client’s Money
- Registration of Firms
- Appointments and Fee Proposals
Unit 2: Ethics, Rules of Conduct and Professional Practice – Part 2 (1 hour)
- Money Laundering
- Bribery Act 2010
- Conflicts of Interest
- The RICS: History and Governance
Unit 3: Client Care (30 minutes)
- Identifying your clients and their objectives
- Promote repeat business
- Managing client’s accounts
- Handling complaints
- Measuring client’s satisfaction